June 7, 2018
- General Electric (GE): General Electric Company announced that it created a new wholly-owned subsidiary named AiRXOS to help government agencies, regional aviation authorities and private sector operators manage and meet the increasing demand for sophisticated and safe Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- McDonald’s (MCD): The Wall Street Journal reported that McDonald’s Corporation will restructure its management team and reduce its number of corporate managers in an effort to cut the company’s operating expenses.
- Amazon (AMZN): Amazon.com, Inc. announced that it’s now offering a hands-free, voice-controlled streaming media player, Fire TV Cube, for $119.99 that enables users to control their televisions, sound bars and audio/video receivers via Amazon’s Alexa voice-recognition technology. According to Amazon, the device enables users to user their voice to change television channels, select TV shows or movies, and change the volume of those devices.
- Target (TGD): Target Corporation announced that it’s expanding its Shipt same-day delivery service and Drive Up online order pickup service to 40 U.S. states by the 2018 winter holiday shopping season.
- lululemon (LULU): lululemon athletica Inc. announced that it agreed to repurchase 3.3 million shares of its common stock from private-equity firm Advent International Corporation.
- AmTrust Financial (AFSI): AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. announced that it entered into an amended agreement with Evergreen Parent, L.P. under which Evergreen will acquire approximately 45% the company’s common stock that certain of its affiliates and related parties do not already own for $14.75 per share in cash. AmTrust stated that Carl Icahn, who owns approximately 3.5% of the company’s shares, agreed to support the acquisition.