07/24/20: The U.S. Department of Commerce announced today that sales of newly-constructed U.S. homes rose during June to the highest level since July 2007, increasing, on a seasonally-adjusted basis, by 13.8%, as compared to the prior month, and by 6.9%, as compared...read more
Daily Market Briefing
Stocks Will Likely Continue to Pull Back Modestly on Friday
July 24, 2020: (2:00 am U.S. Eastern Time): The recent trading action in the U.S. stock market suggests that stock prices, in general, will pull back again today after rising to substantial short-term over-bought levels earlier this week. However, the recent readings on numerous economic indicators suggest that U.S. stock prices will rise considerably higher than their recent levels during the months ahead. Therefore, we're advising persons who subscribe to our financial market research and advisory journals to increase their allocations to equity securities.
July 17-24, 2020
- U.S. new home sales rose during June to highest level since July 2007
- The Conference Board's Index of Leading Economic Indicators for the United States rose for second consecutive month during July
- Initial claims for U.S. benefits rose during week ended July for first time in 14weeks
- U.S. existing home sales rose by 20.7% during June, as compared to the prior month
- U.S. new housing starts rose for second consecutive month during June
- Japan's exports declined for 19th consecutive month during June
U.S. Economic Developments
U.S. Political Developments
01/15/20: President Trump and China’s Vice Premier Liu signed today phase one of a new trade agreement between the United States and China. As part of the agreement, China agreed to increase its imports from the United States to approximately $200 billion annually,...read more
07/24/20: American Express (AXP) reported that its income before income taxes declined by 72% on a 33.9% decrease in the company’s non-interest revenues, a 9.2% decrease in its net interest revenues and a 29.2% decrease in its operating expenses for the three months...read more
International Economic Developments
07/20/20: Japan’s Customs Office announced today that the country’s exports declined for the 19th consecutive month, on a year-over-year basis, during June, falling by 26.2%, as compared to the same month a year ago. The continuing sharp declines in Japan’s exports...read more
International Geopolitical Developments
02/26/20: The World Health Organization (“WHO”) reported today that approximately 81,109 people worldwide have now been infected with the coronavirus and that approximately 2,760 people worldwide have died from the disease, with 98% of those deaths occurring in China....read more
Company and Stock News
- Qualcomm (QCOM) announced today the launching of its new smartphone charging device, the Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 5, which the company stated is the world’s fastest commercial charging technology for Android devices.
- Group plc (CNWGY) announced that it will begin to re-open its U.S. Regal Cinema theaters on August 21.
- Roadrunner Transportation (RRTS) announced that it intends to effectuate a spin-off of its Ascent Global Logistics via a stock dividend to the company’s stockholders.
- Keysight Technologies (KEYS) announced that it’s collaborating with IPG Automotive and Nordsys to design and develop a modular test platform that the companies expect to accelerate the validation of advanced driver-assistance systems (“ADAS”) and functions for autonomous driving.
Stock of Week
Mimecast Limited (MIME)
Mimecast Limited (MIME) is a global provider of cloud-based cyber-attack protection applications for business email, which is the number-one threat to businesses regarding their computer-based data. The company's customers include Barracuda Networks, Alphabet, Microsoft and Symantec Corporation. According to Mimecast’s management, none of the company’s competitors offer the fully-unified and integrated email protection application that it provides.
|Composite Fundamental Rating||Product||Sales & EPS Growth (Qtrly)||Profit Margins||Financial Liquidity||Long-term Debt||Institution Buys to Sells|
Investors Monitor 20™
|Company Name||Ticker||Industry||Composite Rating||Investors Monitor Grade|
|Product||Sales & EPS Growth||Profit Margins||Financial Liquidity||Long-term Debt||Institution Buys to Sells|
|Alarm.Com Holdings||ALRM||Home Security||B-||A||B||C||A+||C||B|
|Applied Optoelectronics||AAOI||Fiber Optics||A-||A+||A+||B+||A+||A+||B+|
|Arista Networks||ANET||Network Apps||A+||A||A+||A||A+||A+||A|
|Control4 Corporation||CTRL||Home Devices||B-||A||C||C||A+||A+||A|
|Floor & Décor Holdings||FND||Home Flooring||B-||A||A+||C||B-||C-||B+|
|Malibu Boats||MBUU||Boat Mfg.||C+||A||C||B-||B-||C-||D|
|Masimo Corp||MASI||Medical Devices||A-||A||B||A||A+||A+||B|
|Momo Inc.||MOMO||Social Media||A+||A||A+||A+||A+||A+||D|
|Ollie's Bargain Outlet||OLLI||Discount Stores||B+||B+||A||B+||A+||A||C+|
|SolarEdge Technologies||SEDG||Solar Panels||A+||A||A||A||A+||A||A|
|The Trade Desk||TTD||Advertising||B+||A||A||C+||A+||A+||B|
|Weibo Corporation||WB||Social Media||A+||A||A+||A-||A+||A+||A|
|Winnebago Industries||WGO||RV Mfg.||C-||A||C||C||C+||D||C|